Works in Progress
Works in Progress
Those Kids YAC
Tales of the Valhalla Room
- Last Night at the Valhalla Room
- This story is set around three or four years after the events in 2009, where
most of A Year and Change is set. Right now it's experimental, but tell
me what you think. It's a bit spicy--well, it's PG-13 for language and subject
matter and has references to same sex, well, sex. The Valhalla Room, of course
is a Biker Bar, at least now, so you've got to expect a certain level of
crudity not seen in normal Sailor Moon stories. But this is a
Sailor Moon story, and I'm writing not just to have fun but to explore
some of the mythology that lies underneath shojo anime.
- One (In Progress)
A Year and Change: Heavens and Earth
Death in the Family
- The unexpected death of Haruka's older brother may
have much larger consequences than grief for her family . . .
- Benicia and Pleione
- This series of scenes are set after the Reverend first encounters
- The Reverend and Usagi
- This is the first direct confrontation between Usagi and the
Reverend Johnny Lee.
- After Vera
- These follow immediately on the death of Vera Yount.
- The First of Sailor Earth
- These scenes, which start out with a dream, are my first attempt at
bringing out my long-threatened Sailor Earth. Quite obviously
unfinished; I've written out more but haven't put it on computer yet.
- Venus Libitina (11:11 AM 1/11/2002)
- Venus makes yet another sacrifice.
Meeting of Minds
- The Younts come to Japan, persuaded by the Reverend,
and accompanied by him, to meet with Makoto--and some other people. What does
the Reverend really hope to get from this? Is there any hope sanity will break
Book Five: The Rabbit Queen
I decided to begin a new book with the arrival of the Kinmokunai refugees.
Obviously things are going to get interesting . . .
- First Contact(1/18/2002)
- The first publicised meeting between the refugees from Kinmoku and people from Earth. Introduces Meiya, Kakyuu's consort—who plays a double game. Occurs in March of 2010.
- Two Men in Black
- The Reverend tries to get his daughter out of the hands of Usagi-tachi.
- The Mountebank
- Meiya's most valuable agent suggests that the Reverend may be helpful to their cause (which is not Kakyuu's.)
- The Dry Farm
- The Reverend at nadir, drying out in a private detox clinic.
- Second Visitation
- Michael Fine takes Alvin back to Japan to see Tammy and Philip, and has time
to consider just what he has gotten into.
- Meiya and Usagi
- Kakyuu's husband has his first substantive meeting with the woman his
(supposed) sovereign has entrusted so much to.
- An Angel of Mercy
- A senshi saves Alvin after some devastating news. But why?
- The senshi begin to learn unexpected things about themselves.
- After the Dance
- Several scenes involving Makoto, Zoë, and Juzo.
- Five Wives
- An evening in the complicated life of Lt. Col Verhofen, Besu's husband.
Eight (Almost Nine), or What I Learned on my Summer Vacation
I decided to bring together what I've written about Leon Verhofen together
into a short story, which will fit inside the larger story of The Rabbit
- Beri Big
- Verhofen's son learns of a mysterious change in his father's life.
- Badger Game
- Verhofen's ex brings his son down for a visitation and a look see at his new wife. Could something go wrong? Not quite finished
but the main action is all there, and I want to go on to the next chapter
before coming back to polish this one.
- After the Badger
- Eight (almost nine) years old Leon Verhofen gets a surprise visit in the middle of the night. Then, he gets some more surprises on the way to his long-promised visit to Disney world with his father and his new
- Leon learns there is much more to Besu and her sisters than he suspected.
- Hey, could life get any stranger for Leon Verhofen? Well, yes! In Progress.
- Catfish Walk
- Don't ask.
- Featured Attractions
- Leon discovers big talents.
- Good Old Fred
- The conclusion to Leon's tale.
- Even, Zoë, and Dexter
- The usual sucky love life of Pleione leads to an interesting change for the
new school year at Orinda High, and eventually to a significant encounter
between Evan and Dexter.
The Lights Return a work in progress
by sylversaturn. This work ties in
with "Heavens and Earths."